Monday, May 25, 2009

Flea Market, Mud-Mania & a new place to travel

Well, this was one SUPER filled weekend for sure! We did make it to the Flea market at the Merchant sqare but were in & out pretty quick. On top of the fact that we got a late start Saturday (story of my life!), we had been having some on & off rains. Between the heat and the humidity, there were not nearly the amount of vendors at Merchant Square this time around. In hindsight, this was probably a good thing. We still had yet to pack up the truck and had some last minute things to grab at the store. The next flea market will be in October... wise idea! I walked out with NOTHING! Can you believe that? Kevan managed to find a few matchbox cars for Kaydon. Kaydon is a car MANIAC! I don't think that any of my boys were as obsessed with cars and trucks the way that he is. Too funny!

We ran our last few errands... QUICKLY and got the heck out of town! It was magnificent to get out of the heat for a bit. We had quite a few friends meet at the same campsight so there were tons of kids, quads, games, MUD and a never-ending amount of pranks! ; )

this little stink bug thinks he's going to sneak away on Mama's quad... Good try Kaydon ------->>>>>




<<<-------- Totally loving the freedom to just run & explore!
The kids had a blast! It was SO nice just to watch them run freely without worrying about a thing! They caught lizards, catepillars, butterflies and explored every rock, tree and hillside within 1/4 mile of our site. To say they were exhausted would be an understatement! I can't believe that they actually slept in until almost 10:30 this morning! Now, I have the unpleasant duty of unloading, unpacking & some very muddy laundry! ICK!
My little "bump on the log" ----->>>>

<<<----Yes, *girl-drama* still happens EVEN in THE WOODS!!! *sigh*

<<<--- It's pretty sad when the kids come home cleaner than the adults! We had a blast running our quads through every mud puddle at Clint's well! I had to show my sweetie who owned the woods....he can HAVE the Dunes! Bwahahaha!

I'm thinking the shoes are not going to come clean... what do you think? --->>>

Lastly, if I can ever get through the muddy laundry the kids and I are planning to start our journey to Italy tomorrow. : ) For tonight, it's a good, old fashioned American BBQ! mmmm!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think those shoes are coming clean girl! LOL I bet it was worth it though because it sounds like you had a blast! Your kiddos are SO cute. It's great to get a peek at them!

    Let me know if you figure out that vault soloution for the bathroom door. I so need one! If they are 20 and still talking to me while I'm in the tub I'll pitch a fit. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a blast. I could us a cooler, muddy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are doing the blog hop again on MP and I saw your name as the RAK winner on Estee's blog! Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete