Thursday, April 16, 2009

I can't believe it's that time again!

Well, almost that time! Only 2 weeks before National Scrapbook Day! Geez, It seems like it wasn't that long ago and already a year has passed. I love NSBD! It's the one guaranteed day that I can lock my self away in creative bliss for hours and hours! Just me, my coffee and my supplies.... and maybe some cinnamon bears. *stop yawning*... this ain't for everybody.... just the waaaay super-cool artistic type of folks! Jealous yet? So, May 2, 2009 I'll be locked away.... in the scraproom not the padded room and logged in to one of my many favorite *creative* places... Scrapbook.com. My dear friend, Estee Lynn is hosting the NSBD events at Sb.c this year. A FULL day of hourly contests, challenges, drawings and so much more! She also writes a weekly column there. DO go check out her blog & her column! She is super cool, super talented, super funny.... heck, the girl just needs an "S" on her shirt! I usually participate in some of the NSBD activities but for the most part I use the time to get back into "creative mode" (sometimes life has a way of interfering with that). I work on (and actually complete!) unfinished projects or sometimes get a jump start on new projects. This is an example of a NSBD challenge that I did last year.... I think it was Estee's challenge too come to think of it. It challenged "A day in the life" if I remember correctly.








Not the greatest photos of my layouts but I was in a hurry to upload before the deadline. Anyway, this year I've VOWED to finish altering some antique window panes that I started a very long time ago. Those that know me have heard me yammer on about my collage idea & those windows and *fingers crossed* I'll be finishing them May 2nd! Whew, no pressure there! I've got so much to get ready before I embark on that huge project... lots to clean up and organize before hand and with 2 short weeks..... YIKES! Have a great day! : ) ~*~CIAO~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment