Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Well, the kids are bathed & snugly tucked into bed and the dishes are done. My living room however is covered in Easter grass, plastic eggs, crayons, coloring books and those darn Easter toys... you know, the little tiny ones that really hurt when you accidentally step on them barefoot? those ones. So far today I've re-packaged 120 colored pencils, 64 crayons, 27 markers & 15 glitter glue pens no less than 10 times. I think I might have overdone it on the art supplies in the Easter baskets though my kids are thoroughly pleased and that's worth a million! : ) I've taped exactly 21 artistic masterpieces to my pantry door... created by my 2 younger kiddos. I've discovered that the black color wonder by Crayola wasn't much of a mystery to my 3 year old. He quickly discovered that he didn't need the special secret marker to reveal the rainbow of colors underneath the black paper. Nope, any wet object would do as he started with wet fingertips and soon after must have figured "oh what the heck, I'll just lick the paper". We now have black color wonder kids, walls, furniture, clothing & so much more! Can you hear my excitement? Seriously, what was I thinking? I know what you're thinking and nope, my camera battery was dead-dead... sorry, no pics of this precious memory.... and on a holiday too! Shame on me!
I usually like to take a small bit of me time during any holiday and reflect.... think back on my own childhood memories of Easter, Easter traditions, how we've grown & changed, the family members that used to grace our table that are no longer with us, the friends & neighbors that we've been honored to share our holidays with... feeling so fortunate to have so many special people in my life. Holiday dinners at our house have never been about "just family" and always about "all family".... related or not. I love that!
I'm pretty wiped out but in a good-tired kinda way. I've had lots of laughs today, shared a fantastic meal with the ones I love and now I'm just soaking up the "quiet" in my house.

How was your Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment