Thursday, March 26, 2009

xxx scrappin'???



Ok, so this little... err... I mean *big* project took some thought. The photo is of my BFF Andrea clinging to... well you can see for yourself... about 20 some odd years ago (wbk-"way before kiddos" and just shy of before we met). I have no idea where or what part of the country (though the rest of the scenery indicates somewhere in the southwest) that she had this taken. Only Andrea would spot something like this from the car. on the roadside. during a road trip. She held on to this picture for all these years but just so happened to leave it here with me prior to her birthday. Coincidence? I think not. I had to work on this secretly.... late night, nap times, during school, behind closed & locked doors... what a CHALLENGE! I can't even tell you how many times my aging memory forgot where I hid this picture in between working on this layout. Trying to spare my young audience still at home as well as sparing myself the game of 20 questions was the utmost priority. So, Andrea got her birthday gift a little late.... well, a lot late but she got it and loved it! I used paper from the DCWV *Rockstar* line ... go figure. I also used the *Static* collection from Crate Paper to add to the layout and embellish here & there. I have to say that overall this WAS fun and I had quite a few laughs as I mustered up the creativity to *rise* to the challenge. If nothing else, someday when her little ones are grown and they think that she could have never in her life had a day of wild abandon or think that she's a hopeless fud she can now *whip out* the proof! Hopefully, this does not offend.... after all, it IS just a rock. Until next time, CIAO! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment