Sunday, March 22, 2009

Allow me to introduce myself....


Hi, my name is Donna & welcome to my little, creative corner of the world! About me; hmm… I’m a foster/adoptive Mom, contracted by the state to foster medically fragile kiddos. I’ve been blessed with 2 biological kids (22 & 20 y/o), 3 adopted kids (11, 8, & 3 y/o), and have met many courageous little souls along our journey! My life is never perfect, sometimes messy, often crazy-busy, and always entertaining to say the least. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I have a super, supportive hubby who is my polar opposite and yet my very best friend. They say “opposites attract” and after 17 ½ years, I’m convinced! I have 2 lazy cats that seem to come to life and like to persistently sit right in front of the computer’s monitor as soon as I sit down to type. I also have 1 hyper dog that proved my longtime statement of “I’ll never be a dog person” to be incorrect. I’m fortunate to have lots of great friends in my life. I’m hopelessly addicted to coffee and Starbucks ranks up there with some of my most favorite places in the world! I love photography, altered art, anything vintage, paper arts, scrapbooking, collage art, distressing projects, and altered books. I love antique windows, antique doors, vintage hardware and am completely intrigued with old farmhouses. I was transplanted here in Arizona from New York by way of New Mexico (spent a few years there). I’m not a desert gal by any means and would love to be back on the east coast with the rest of my family and enjoying the magnificent changing seasons, cultures and the FOOD! My connections are here in the land of SUMMER now though *sniff* and so shall I be. I’m a night person, a huge supporter of our troops, love the beach, am a micro-organizer by OCD standards, a chatterbox (have been told I came from the womb talking), am very sarcastic and a practical joker… pranks run rampant in our household! : ) I’m very excited to be venturing into a new chapter of my life by putting some of my artistic hobbies into motion and opening up shop! : ) Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check back in to see what I’m up to! CIAO!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world. You sound like a girl after my own heart. We like a lot of the same things. I live here in the valley at the moment so maybe our path might cross at a workshop or two.

    ReplyDelete